Self-Clinching Fasteners for Stainless Steel Sheets
Click image to enlarge
When engineering requires strong, reusable threads in their design, self-clinching sheet metal fasteners for stainless steel sheets provide the support and functionality needed. When using self-clinching fasteners for stainless steel sheet metal, it is important to remember the fasteners must exhibit hardness levels higher than the SS sheets where they will be installed.
Captive Fastener provides solutions when designs call for stainless steel enclosures and engineers want to use self-clinching fasteners in the assembly.
Find the Right Self-Clinching Fasteners for Stainless Steel Panels
Using Self-Clinching Fasteners in Stainless Steel Sheet MetalThe challenge to using self-clinching fasteners in stainless steel sheets comes during the fabrication process. 18-8 stainless steel panels will harden during fabrication, becoming less ductile in the process.
- When a fastener is harder than the assembly into which it will be installed, the self-clinching fastener maintains its dimensional integrity. Proper self-clinching fasteners are unlike a rivet that deforms around the metal when installed.
Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Fastener OptionsCaptive Fastener offers the following product groups (series) as a solution for installation of self-clinching fasteners in stainless steel panels.
Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Nuts for Stainless Steel Sheets-CFSP Series
- Made with precipitation hardening stainless steel that is heat treated in a vacuum furnace.
- Provides the proper hardness for installation in stainless steel panels as hard as HRB 90.
- The fasteners are available in inch and metric threads in sizes ranging from #4-40/ M3 to ¼-20 / M6.
Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Studs for Stainless Steel Sheets-CHTS Series
- Made with 410 heat treated stainless steel and are made to go into stainless steel panels with a maximum hardness of HRB 92.
- The studs are available in both inch and metric threads in sizes ranging from #4-40 / M3 to 5/16-18/ M8.
Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Studs for Stainless Steel Sheets-CH2S Series
- Made with age hardened A286 stainless steel and can be installed into stainless steel panels with a maximum hardness of HRB 92.
- The CH2S series offer superior corrosion resistance and are very resistant to heat and are often used in food processing equipment and ovens.
- They are available in both inch and metric threads in sizes ranging from #4-40 / M3 to ¼-20 / M6.
Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Standoffs for Stainless Steel Sheets-CF4-SO and CF4-BSO SeriesSelf-Clinching Blind Threads and Self-Clinching Through-Threads
- Self-clinching standoffs in both through hole and blind threads are made with heat treated 416 stainless steel.
- Made to go into stainless steel panels with a maximum hardness of HRB 88 or less.
- They are available in both inch and metric threads in sizes ranging from #4-40 / M3 to #10-32 / M5.
Different Self-Clinching Fastener TypesCommon self-clinching fasteners include the following fastener types:
- Externally threaded. Ideal for thin sheets and enclosures.
- Load-bearing internal threads. Ideal for heavy-duty applications that require strong fasteners.
- Standoffs (Spacers)
- Available with internal through threads or blind threads. Ideal for applications that require space in assemblies.
Get High-Performance Self-Clinching Sheet Metal Fasteners
As an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer, let Captive Fastener supply you with the high-performance self-clinching sheet metal fasteners you need. Request a quote or call us at 201-337-6800 today.