Self-Clinching Flush Nuts - Series CFL
Captive Fastener’s self-clinching flush nuts provide an excellent solution for design engineers where a strong reusable thread is required in thin sheets. SC flush nuts also provide design engineers with a fastener option that can be flush in the panel.
As a low-cost, easy installation solution, our self-clinching flush nuts provide strong threads in thin sheet metal. Self-clinching flush mount nuts are superior to tapping a thread in an extruded hole in thin sheet metal. Tapped threads made in the extruded hole do not have anywhere near the strength or durability of the threads in our self-clinching flush nuts. Self-clinching flush nuts eliminate the need for tapping after installation.
Find Stainless Steel Self-Clinching Flush Nuts for Your Project
Self-Clinching Flush Fastener Installation
The basic premise for the installation of our self-clinching fasteners is that the clinch fastener must be harder than the metal into which it is being installed. The self-clinching flush fasteners also need to be installed into ductile materials such as steel, aluminum, or copper panels.
- You can find the maximum recommended hardness for our self-clinching fasteners in our catalog.
- For example, if you are installing our CFL632-1, which is a stainless steel flush nut, into a .060" thick steel panel, the maximum recommended hardness of the parent metal is HRB 70.
When the self-clinching fastener is pressed into the mating sheet metal, the ductile panel material flows around the clinch profile and forms a strong permanent bond in the assembly.
- The self-clinching flush nut, which is harder than the metal into which it is installed, maintains its dimensional integrity and physical properties.
- When properly installed, the self-clinching flush fasteners have excellent torque out and push out values that meet or exceed industry standards.
- No hole preparation is necessary.
SC Flush Nut Design Considerations
The design of the self-clinching flush nuts provides a simple means of installation whereby the fastener is placed in the prescribed hole in the mating panel. When the fastener is pressed into the sheet, it becomes an integral part of the chassis. The panel is totally flush in the sheet with nothing protruding on either side which is a nice feature for many design applications. This process eliminates loose hardware, which is especially important in electronic applications.
You can download 2D prints or 3D models from our website product pages.
Self-Clinching Flush Nut Materials and Finishes
Our innovative self-clinching flush nuts are available in unified or metric sizes, all made from 300 series stainless steel.SC Flush Nut Material Compliance
Captive Fasteners’ self-clinching flush nuts are REACH and RoHS compliant. Our material compliance lookup tool allows you to select the fastener type and plating designation for detailed fastener series specific compliance information.SC Flush Nut Finishes
SC flush nuts are passivated to remove any impurities on the nuts surface.
SC Flush Nut Performance Values - Series CFL
The performance values are readily available on our web site in the Installation & Performance Data section. This unique yet simple process is different than other fasteners that deform around the sheet metal when they are installed, such as rivets.
- SC flush nuts also offer a green solution that is cleaner than weld nuts. They eliminate weld spatter and the subsequent need to chase the threads after the welding process.
- Self-clinching nuts also offer cosmetic advantages over weld nuts.
Quality and Value from Captive Fastener
Rapid responses for order inquiries and high-quality stainless steel self-clinching flush nut fasteners have made us an industry-leading manufacturer for over 45 years. As an experienced fastener manufacturer, we offer you the flexibility, short lead times, and heavy inventory needed to give you a competitive edge.
Order Stainless Steel Self-Clinching Flush Nuts
Request a quote or call us at 201-337-6800. Get the metric or unified self-clinching flush nut fasteners you need today.